Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What Makes Me Unique

There are so many things that make me uniquie, but one of the ones i like the most is the musician inside of me. I got my first drum set when i was 3 years old. Ever since then ive been playing the drums like its was all already in my mind when i was born. I joined band in 5th grade. Thats when i first learned to really read music. Ill never forget the feeling that i had when i actually understood what was going on. I remember coming home and being super excited to tell my dad i knew what an 8th note was. From there its was only up. In 8th grade my band director asked me to join the jazz band. I thought to myself that sounds like a lot of pressure. The next day i came to school early to practice with the jazz band. My freshmen year my family and i moved back to California. At first i wasnt going to do band because i was going to play football, but my councler told me that i couldnt do both and that i had to pick one or the other. The councler said that the band was actually in the student center practicing. So we walked over there. She popped her head into the doors and said that they might have a new member. When i walked in out of no where everyone started to clap for me. I made my way to the director, and the first words out of his mouth were "what do you play?" i said "percussion" and he said "okay well see what we can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment